The main strategic goal of the PLUG-N-HARVEST proposal is to design, develop, demonstrate and exploit a new modular, plug-n-play concept/product for ADBE(Adaptable/Dynamic Building Envelopes) – deployable to both residential and non-residential buildings – which is able to provide high (maximum possible) energy use reductions and high (maximum possible) energy harvesting from RES (Renewable Energy Sources) both at the single-building and the district scale while requiring medium to low installation costs and almost-zero operational costs.
This project has a budget of 6.9M€ (co-funded by the EU under the H2020 programme). It has a duration of 51 months and the consortium working on it is formed by 13 partners from 5 countries.
The consortium counts with the CERTH Greek research center, the Universities of Cardiff (United Kingdom) and Aachen (Germany), relevant private companies (Siemens, Alumil), and public institutions (such as the Catalan Dwelling Agency, and the County of Cardiff).
COORDINATOR: ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS, CERTH, Greece.
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS, CERTH, Greece
- RHEINISCH-WESTFAELISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE AACHEN RWTH AACHEN, Germany
- CARDIFF UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom
- ALOUMYL, BIOMICHANIA ALOUMINIOY ANONIMI ETAIRIA, Greece
- SISTEMES AVANCATS DE ENERGIA SOLAR TERMICA SCCL – AIGUASOL, Spain
- ODIN SOLUTIONS S.L., Spain
- SIEMENS SRL. Romania
- ETRA INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO SA, Spain
- ENERGY TRANSITIONS LIMITED, United Kingdom
- ECO INTELLIGENT GROWTH, SL, Spain
- AGENCIA DE L’HABITATGE DE CATALUNYA, Spain
- PERIFIERIA DYTIKHS MAKEDONIAS, Greece
- COUNTY COUNCIL OF THE CITY AND COUNTY OF CARDIFF, United Kingdom
KEY WORDS: Adaptive dynamic building envelops, building control, energy management/harvesting in building and district level.