SCALE UP – User-Centric and data driven solutions for connected urban poles.
PROGRAMME: EU H2020
Transport accounts for a quarter of the EU’s greenhouse gas emissions and for more than half of all nitrogen oxides emissions. Since the contamination and pollution is becoming a real problem in our society, the European Union is pushing towards a climate neutrality and reduce the transport emissions.
To solve these environmental challenges, the SCALE-UP project aims to develop data-driven and user-centric strategies to accelerate the take-up of smart, clean and inclusive mobility, and become well-connected and multi-usage urban nodes, to the level needed to meet climate targets and European transport policy objectives. The 3 urban nodes Antwerp, Madrid and Turku team up and implement 28 innovative mobility measures built on 5 interconnected pillars: governance, multimodality, data, clean-safe-inclusive and behaviour.
SCALE-UP has a budget of € 10.3 M (co-financed by the EU under the H2020 program). With a duration of 48 months and a consortium made up of 23 partners, under the project coordination of the City of Antwerp and the technical coordination of ETRA I + D..
COORDINATOR: City of Antwerp – Brussels
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR: ETRA Investigación y Desarrollo, S.A.
- City of Antwerp
- Transport Region Antwerp
- Port of Antwerp-Bruge
- Flemish Department of Mobility and Public Works
- Province of Antwerp
- Be-Mobile NV
- Traject SA
- Ayuntamiento de Madrid
- Empresa Municipal de Transportes de Madrid S.A.
- Consorcio Regional de Transportes De Madrid
- Avanza Bike by Mobility ADO
- Ayesa Advanced Technologies, S.A.
- HaCon Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH
- City of Turku
- Regional Council of Southwest Finland
- Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Vinka Oy
- ETRA investigación y Desarrollo SA
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Transport & Mobility Leuven
- Smart Transportation Alliance
KEY WORDS: Scale up, Data- driven, user centric, multimodal hubs, behavioural change, governance, clean mobility, safety, take up, evaluation, vulnerable user groups.