One of the main challenges that the EU is facing nowadays, is the adoption of a single and unified electricity market. Although the Western and Northern regions of the EU have been working for several years towards reaching such objective, the South-Eastern region of Europe has not followed the same roadmap and it not as advanced in this field as Western Europe.
TRINITY project will address this challenge in order to improve the current situation and facilitate the interconnection of South-Eastern electricity markets.
To reach this goal, TRINITY will develop a set of solutions to enhance cooperation among the transmission system operators of SEE in order to support the integration of the electricity markets in the region, whilst promoting higher penetration of clean energies.
COORDINATOR: ETRA INVESTIGACIÓN Y DESARROLLO, S.A. – Spain
- JOINT STOCK COMPANY ELEKTROMREŽA SRBIJE BELGRADE RS
- SECURITY COORDINATION CENTRE SCC LTD. BELGRADE RS
- RÉSEAU DE TRANSPORT D’ÉLECTRICITÉ – INTERNATIONAL FR
- RÉSEAU DE TRANSPORT D’ÉLECTRICITÉ FR
- ELECTRICITY COORDINATING CENTRE LTD RS
- SEEPEX A.D. BEOGRAD RS
- CENTRUL ROMAN AL ENERGIEI RO
- INSTITUTE OF COMMUNICATION AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS GR
- BELEN – BERZA ELEKTRICNE ENERGIJE ME
- CRNOGORSKI ELEKTROPRENOSNI SISTEM AD ME
- INDEPENDENT SYSTEM OPERATOR IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA BA
- KONCAR – INZENJERING ZA ENERGETIKUI TRANSPORT DD HR
- OPERATOR NA ELEKTROPRENOSNIOT SISTEM NA MAKEDONIJA MK
- ELEKTROENERGIEN SISTEMEN OPERATOR EAD BG
- UNIVERSITY ST. KLIMENT OHRIDSKI-FACULTY OF TECHNICAL SCIENCES MK
- HUPX HUNGARIAN POWER EXCHANGE LIMITED BY SHARES HU
- INDEPENDENT BULGARIAN ENERGY EXCHANGE BG
- TERNA ENERGY GR
- INSTITUT MIHAJLO PUPIN RS
KEY WORDS: Transmission system, electricity markets, renewables, transnational coordination