MATCHUP project is a large-scale demonstration project of innovative solutions in the energy, mobility and ICT sectors.
The expected results will be achieved working in parallel in demonstration and upscaling/replication levels, so the lighthouse cities (Valencia-Spain, Dresden-Germany and Antalya-Turkey) and followers (Ostend-Belgium, Herzliya-Israel, Skopje-FYROM and Kerava-Finland) will assume a huge commitment in this project. In these cities, specific actions will be carried out in selected neighbourhoods, which aim to increase energy efficiency, reduce CO2 emissions, improve the air quality of the city, and promote sustainable mobility and the integration of ICT.
To develop these specific actions, the deployment of electric vehicles will be carried out, as well as its recharging infrastructure and its management systems. MATCHUP project will carry out the design and development of new sustainable mobility services and the deployment of an intelligent energy management system to control the efficiency of buildings, through of the integration and adaption of all the previous services in the ICT urban platform of the lighthouses cities.
Addressing large-scale demonstration projects remains an essential way to promote the transformation of the city and progress towards the concept of smart city. In this sense, develop very rigorous upscaling and replication plans that will be the basis to update at least the SEAPs/SECAPs that are the major standard commitment at European level that a city can assume in terms of city transformation. Advanced planning leading to replication and upscaling of technologies through ensuring their bankability is the core of the project, aimed at better connecting the demand and supply sides, all this led by the demonstration of the actions in the lighthouse cities.
COORDINATOR: Ayuntamiento de Valencia
- Ayuntamiento de Valencia
- Fundacioón de la Comunitat Valenciana para la Promoción Estratégica el Desarrollo y la Innovación Urbana
- Witrac Comunicaciones Inteligentes S.L
- Universitat Politecnica De Valencia
- ETRA Investigación y Desarrollo S.A
- Asociación Instituto Tecnológico de la Energía
- Senior Europa Sociedad Limitada
- Landeshauptstadt Dresden
- Drewag Stadtwerke Dresden GMBH
- Dresdner Verkehrsbetriebe AG
- wohnbau nordwest GMBH
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft Zur Foerderung Der Angewandten Forschung E.V.
- Technische Universitaet Dresden
- Antalya Metropolitan Municipality
- Sampas Bilisim Ve Iletisim Sistemleri Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.S.
- De Surdurulebilir Enerji Ve Insaat Sanayi Ticaret Limited Sirketi
- Antepe Insaat Ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
- Trafik Arastirma Yonetim Simulasyon Insaat Musavirlikproje Ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
- Akdeniz University
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy
- Fundacion Cartif
- Universita Commerciale Luigi Bocconi
- Fondazione Icons
- Fundacion Tecnalia Research & Innovation
- Herzliya Municipality
- Stad Oostende
- City of Skopje
- Keravan Kaupunki
KEY WORDS: Sustainable energy communities, Renewable energy sources – general, Sustainable transport – general, Energy end-use efficiency and energy services, Energy systems, smart energy, smart grids, wireless energy transfer.