GRUPOETRA has been awarded the ticketing system for Line 3 of the Light Train (SITEUR) of Guadalajara, Mexico.
ETRA has been awarded – in a joint venture with the company Idear – the project for the supply, installation, commissioning and training for the service of the ticketing system for the project of Line 3 of the Light Train (SITEUR) of Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico).
Line 3 is a new urban electric train line consisting of 18 stations with 36 accesses. It crosses the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area from northwest to southeast and passes through the municipalities of Zapopan, Guadalajara and San Pedro Tlaquepaque.
ETRA is already working – in a joint venture with the company Idear – on the operation of the ticketing system for SITEUR lines 1 and 2, and its 5 bus feeder routes for SITREN.
The project includes:
- An innovative collection management system (ETRA’s GEM platform),
- More than 100 machines for Sale and Recharge of Cards,
- More than 200 validators for reading contactless cards and QR codes (ETRA’s EPass terminal),
- More than 200 access control points to stations, including access corridors for Persons with Reduced Mobility,
- 900.000 contactless cards with Mifare Desfire technology,
- A passenger counting system using video processing,
- 20 customer service modules
This project consolidates GRUPOETRA’s position as a leader -also in LATAM- in the field of the most advanced technologies for public transport.