The limited role in Demand Response strategies in Energy Markets from European residential and small commercial/industrial users has been exacerbated by the lack of real time metering infrastructure and smart grids infrastructure, but also for the non-availability of robust regulatory framework in most EU Member States. Consumer empowerment in the energy markets is a challenge and it must be addressed allowing the consumer to become an active player. This would let the consumer reduce its energy bills as well as tacking energy poverty.
TwinERGY develops and integrate a suite of tools, services and applications that allow the consumer to enable increase of awareness regarding consumption patterns, energy behaviours and generation/demand forecasts as well as optimizing Demand Response campaigns. TwinERGY pays special focus on standardization and policy & market reform to allow the correct commercialization of the project’s solutions.
TwinERGY has a budget of € 7.1 M (co-financed by the EU under the H2020 program). With a duration of 36 months and a consortium made up of 18 partners in 12 different countries, the project is validated in 4 pilot regions in United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and Greece.
COORDINATOR: PANEPISTIMIO PATRON (UOP)
- PANEPISTIMIO PATRON (UoP) GR
- STAM SRL IT
- TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE OSTWESTFALEN-LIPPE (TH OWL) DE
- UNIVERSIDADE NOVA DE LISBOA (UNL) PT
- IES R&D Ireland
- COMUNE DI BENETUTTI IT
- UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL (UNIVBRIS) UK
- KNOWLE WEST MEDIA CENTRE LBG (KWMC) UK
- SUITE5 DATA INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS LIMITED (SUITE5) CY
- ETRA INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO SA ES
- WORLD ENERGY CONSORTIUM PLC. MT
- MYTILINAIOS ANONIMI ETAIREIA (MYTlLINEOS) GR
- BRISTOL CITY COUNCIL (BCC) UK
- EUROPEAN DYNAMICS LUXEMBOURG SA LU
- STADT STEINHEIM DE
- IDEAS 3493 SL (IFC) ES
- ARTHUR’S LEGAL BV NL
- ÑSMART ENERGY EUROPE (smarten) BE
KEY WORDS: Demand Response, DER-Flexibility Manager, Digital Twin, Transactive Energy Marketplace, Customer Engagement, Virtual Power Plants.