OPENTUNITY – Opening the electricity ecosystem to multiple actors in order to have a real decarbonization opportunity
PROGRAMME: EU Horizon Europe
The ecosystem proposed in OPENTUNITY can be seen as a digital environment where different actors in the energy sector improve the energy efficiency of the electricity system. These improvements apply to the electricity grids themselves and to active consumers – whatever their size – who see their energy costs reduced.
OPENTUNITY’s ecosystem reduces interoperability barriers and favour the use of standards in order to decarbonize EU grids and put the end-user in the spotlight. Grid operators, prosumers, market actors etc. are supported by OPENTUNITY via innovative methodologies backed by advanced, interoperable software modules, in order to provide them with new features and services related to: 1) Technologies to for active consumers (or prosumers); 2) Technologies for grid operators to better manage its infrastructure.
OPENTUNITY also evolves, adapts and integrates an energy-specialized blockchain as a distributed, fast and reliable energy dataspace in which actors from different fields share services and find synergies among them in order to create a reliable energy system.
OPENTUNITY has a budget of 12.8 M€ (co-financed by the EU under the HORIZON EUROPE programme). It has a duration of 48 months and a consortium formed by 21 partners under the coordination of ETRA I+D. The project is validated in 4 large-scale demonstrators, in Greece, Slovenia, Spain and Switzerland.
COORDINATOR: ETRA INVESTIGACIÓN Y DESARROLLO, S.A.
- ETRA Investigación y Desarrollo, S.A.
- INSTITUTE OF COMMUNICATION AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS
- ENERGY WEB DEVHUB GMBH
- HYPERTECH KENTRO EPISTIMONIKON KAI TECHNOLOGIKON EREVNON AEIFORIAS ASTIKI MI KERDOSKOPIKI ETAIREIA
- UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI
- DIACHEIRISTIS ELLINIKOU DIKTYOU DIANOMIS ELEKTRIKIS ENERGEIAS AE
- ESTABANELL Y PAHISA ENERGIA SA
- ESTABANELL Y PAHISA IMPULSA
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH FORSCHUNGSGESELLSCHAFT MBH
- ASOCIACIÓN ESPAÑOLA DE NORMALIZACIÓN
- NODES AS
- KOLEKTOR SETUP, STORITVE ENERGETSKEGA UPRAVLJANJA, D.O.O.
- AMIBIT, ENERGETSKI SISTEMI, D.O.O.
- ELEKTRO PRIMORSKA, PODJETJE ZA DISTRIBUCIJO ELEKTRICNE ENERGIJE DD
- AVANT CAR D.O.O
- ELEKTRO LJUBLJANA PODJETJE ZADISTRIBUCIJO ELEKTRICNE ENERGIJE D.D.
- INDEPENDENT POWER TRANSMISSION OPERATOR SA
- BLUE SUN AUTOMATION LIMITED
- AZIENDA ELETTRICA DI MASSAGNO (AEM) SA
- HIVE POWER SAGL
- SCUOLA UNIVERSITARIA PROFESSIONALE DELLA SVIZZERA ITALIANA
KEY WORDS: Smart Grid, Energy efficiency, Active consumer, Blockchain.