EBENTO – Energy efficiency building enhancement through performance guarantee tools
PROGRAMME: EU Horizon Europe
The EBENTO project aims at improving the energy efficiency of buildings in cities through performance assurance tools, focusing on citizens as key actors of the energy transition, helping them in their decision making to invest in efficiency in their homes. To this end, it develops a one-stop-shop platform for all actors involved in the construction and renovation sector to better coordinate and manage energy performance contracts and energy saving measures.
Through the developed platform, citizens will increase their involvement in improving the energy efficiency of buildings, and both public institutions and energy communities will be able to identify possible efficiency improvements in the housing stock. The developments provide information on the best financing for actions, look at how to improve current energy performance contracts (including comfort and demand response), and give citizens the tools to understand how their home consumes energy and how they can reduce their energy use. The EBENTO platform ensures the exchange of relevant information between the different actors, making the renovation process cost-effective and easily replicable resulting in a win-win environment.
EBENTO has 5.6 M € budget (co-financed by the EU under the Horizon Europe program). With a duration of 36 months and a consortium of 11 partners, under the coordination of ETRA I+D, the project is validated in 4 demonstrators, in Greece, Spain, Estonia and United Kingdom.
COORDINATOR: ETRA INVESTIGACIÓN Y DESARROLLO, S.A.
- HYPERTECH (HYP), EL
- TALLINNA TEHNIKAÜLIKOOL (TalTech), EE
- FUNDACIO DE LA COMUNITAT VALENCIANA OBSERVATORI VALENCIA DEL CANVI CLIMATIC (VCE), ES
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH (JR), AT
- UNIVERSITY OF LJUBLJANA (UL) SI
- Innovation and Development Institute of the University of Ljubljana (IRI-UL) SI
- MYTILINAIOS (MYT), EL
- INSTITUTE FOR EUROPEAN ENERGY AND CLIMATE POLICY STICHTING (IEECP), NL
- CENTRO DE ESTUDIO DE MATERIALES Y CONTROL DE OBRA SA (CEMOSA), ES
- THE SOCIETY FOR THE REDUCTION O CARBOM LIMITED (CCOOP), UK
KEY WORDS: One-stop-shop, energy efficiency, renovation, energy performance contracts, demand response.